Saturday 25 April 2009

Another baby quilt.

Here is the quilt all done and bound ready for baby Ewan's nursery.



His room is yellow and brown - think baby giraffes and such. So I went with that colour scheme instead of my usual scrappy. Hopefully his parents will like it. I was going to take it today but they are out so maybe tomorrow. It is a surprise.


This week I have been working on my hexagons - getting some prepared and such.



I would love to have this box full of ready-to-go ones but as soon as I've done enough for a block I just have to sew them together. I have about 2 years work left on this - lol !


I have also been making some flying geese with a pack of fabric I bought off ebay some time ago. It is sort of shaded across the widths and comes in all colours of the rainbow. I have never found the perfect project for this and still don't think so either. These geese blocks are not doing it for me. One day I want to make an orphan block quilt and I'm thinking these will be in there somewhere.




A couple of months ago I started a Bareroots pattern called Log Cabin Sampler. I have added a couple of rounds today and prepared the next one. Tonight I want to stitch around these flowers and start on round 4. It is a stitchery one and I am looking forward to doing it. I plan to raid my overflowing scrap bag for this.




Think that's about it - rooms a mess again - whats new ?


Earlier in the week I was sorting through some magazines and came across a series quilt in Quilters Newsletter. I went online and printed foundation patterns for part 2 ready to sew when I had chosen colours. I found the magazine with part 3 in and put it aside ( there are just 3 parts ) and then began to look for part 1. Looked everywhere I could think of to no avail. Went to QN website to see the cover so I knew what I was looking for and you guessed it - don't have that one. Not sure how I missed it but am now in process of ordering back issue. I drove Jason mad muttering " it must be here somewhere" for days -lol !

Enjoy your weekend xx

15 comments:

loulee said...

The baby quilt is adorable! The new family are sure to love it. LOL I've done that with magazines, been so sure I have that copy......Sigh.

Unknown said...

I love everything you have been working on! I love your hexie storage unit.... a bead box??? I have something similar for my hexies and love it!

Vicki W said...

What a sweet baby quilt and I love the dotted flying geese blocks!

Calidore said...

Well if Baby Ewan or his parents don't like his quilt -I do..vbg. It really is beautiful and the colours are stunning. Love the hexagons all lined up in your box. What a good idea to store them.

Betsy said...

Love your flying geese. I am just dying to make one.
I also love how you organize your hexagons for your quilt. I just sew them on as I press them.
I also like the way your applique quilt is just coming along.
You have been busy!

Carolyn said...

Your baby quilt is beautiful. I'm sure all will love it. Are you using paper foundations for your hexagons? A grandmother's flower garden quilt is on my "someday" list. Probably won't be someday soon!

Libby said...

That baby quilt is great - I can perfectly imagine it with "baby giraffes and such". Must be a really cute nursery :)

A Time for Stitching said...

Hi Andrea

I'm a new reader to your blog and have just finished looking at your archives. I think your quilts are amazing and I can't believe how much you get done. Your hand quilting is so neat and even. Would you mind telling me if you use a frame or not and what you use for marking your quilting lines? I am not happy with what I'm producing at the moment. Also, did you teach yourself or have lessons? I love your blog so far and see so much inspiration in it. I fully intend to keep reading. Teresa x

Unknown said...

The baby quilt is beautiful, the parents must like it.

Floss said...

The baby quilt is lovely, and its nice to see one not in the normal colours.

Sarah said...

Hey Andrea!
That quilt is just gorgeous and the recipients will just love it I am sure!
Bareroots stuff are SOOOOO nice! Some are very detailed. I look forward to seeing your come to life.
x Sarah

Doina said...

What a beautiful quilt! It looks very advanced to me. You did a great job!

Jeanne said...

Your baby quilt will be perfect for those giraffes, etc. Nice work. Your WIPs are so neat, I can't imagine you have a messy sewing room. That's a great container for the hexagons.

Lynda said...

The baby quilt is lovely - I'm sure the recipient will love it. The house quilt looks great fun. Will watch its progress.

meggie said...

I know that feeling of 'it must be here somewhere' so well!!
Love the baby quilt, am sure it will be loved.