Wednesday 4 February 2009

Busy NOT quilting !

Boo hoo - poor me. I've worked my fingers to the bone these last few days but NO sewing at all. It all started when Jess (18yo) decided she'd had enough of climbing the ladder into her cabin bed that she'd had for a few years. So she ordered herself a new double bed and then went the whole hog and wanted a complete re-decorate in her room. The bed was supposed to be delivered in 7-28 days so the website said. Plenty of time........ Then we had a call to say it was in stock and could be delivered in 5 days...


Heres where good old mum came in - lol ! So I have spent the last few days dismantling Jess's huge metal bed - walking across the landing to re-assemble it in Patricks room where previously I had dismantled his cabin bed and sorted out all his half ton of toys. Then we got to painting Jess's room - working our way around the furniture that is already in there etc. I am whacked. The new bed has arrived this morning and we are all straight now. Patricks bed has been freecycled and I managed to squeeze in an extra table into mine and Jasons room. This will be ideal for cutting out my fabrics. Honestly it is looking more and more like a sewing room with a bed plonked in the middle - lol !!


Anyway without further ado just look at my gorgeous mini quilt from Carolyn.


I love it so much - wonderful work and so sweet. Here's a close-up of the pretty fabrics and tiny, tiny little stitches.





The book has been read and much enjoyed.


The only thing missing from the picture is the chocolate covered pretzels that Carolyn warned me were addictive. You know what - she was right - lol ! I just couldn't leave them alone til the lot were gone. So yumptious...


As you will gather I'm behind on all sorts of things but they are in hand so if you're expecting something from me I'm onto it.


Paula has signed up for my PIF but I'm still hoping for another 2 to sign up.


Now I'm off to do some sewing so I've actually got something to blog about soon. Take care xx

17 comments:

Unknown said...

The quilt is beautiful and I loved reading that book. Too bad all the chocolate is gone.

sewkalico said...

I am so tempted to sign up for your PIF because I would love something made by you, but I'm going away in a bit... for a bit...
Does a new bed get a new quilt??? :-)

Fiona said...

Wow, some of the pieces in that quilt look so tiny - and I love the purple colour.

Carolyn said...

I tried leaving a comment and I don't know where it went. Anyway...Andrea, I'm so glad that you like the quilt. I'm planning to make one for myself also. I've borrowed your pictures to post on my blog as well...I realized after I'd posted the package that I hadn't taken any pictures of the finished quilt. Silly me!

meg said...

That little quilt is just darling!

Rhonda said...

What a great mini quilt.
I've been in a slump on the sewing end, as well. Don't know why. But something going to come to me....LOL
Take care.

Tammy said...

The quilt is just gorgeous. And that book - well I've read all her books and I LOVE them, can't wait for the next one to come out - hope it's soon.

Unknown said...

Yes that quilt is beautiful. You really have been busy.

*karendianne. said...

Love your little quilt. What I love most about it? That it makes you so utterly happy! That's what makes me love it so much.

Enjoyed reading about your adventures in "Busy NOT quilting!" because you've made it sound so funny.

Great, fun post.

Floss said...

So you have been playing the furniture shuffle. I want to know why one item in always needs a least three items moved to make it fit.

Natasha said...

Oh my I am just in awe of your blog. I am having a wonderful time looking at the beautiful quilts you have made.

IO have one quilt that was made for my before she died that I absolutly love. I hope to learn how to quitl myslef one day.

Take Care
Natasha

Chocolate Cat said...

Gosh you've been busy! Hope you have some time for quilting soon. The chocolate coated pretzels sound quite addictive!! Love the little quilt.

Colleen formerly of South Africa said...

I think quilters are naturally PIF'ers don't you think. I love the little quilt.

Lynda said...

The colours on Carolyn's quilt are so lovely. It must be compensation for the time spent as a handyman (as well as the satisfaction of jobs well done!)

Kieny The Dutchlady said...

Lovely little quilt!

Now that Jess has a new bed do you have to make a new quilt for it?

Anonymous said...

That happens to me sometimes i order things they say 28 days but ends up on door few days later,

The quilt is wonderful,

Take care

SushineDaisy said...

I just love your quilts! I am currently working on three different biscuit quilts (jewel tones, pastels, and Red and Black). The next quilt I want to do is a sort of photomosaic. I was looking at your cross-stitch quilting lady, and I realized that with 2" squares I could easily copy a design similar to that!I know it will take me forever to map out on my wall, but it should look divine when finished! Your blog is always inspiring, so thanks! You are quite talented, and I love reading your stuff!