Wednesday 13 February 2008

Tagged !!

This post is not at all quilt related so please feel free to skip it unless you really want to find out some weird things about me.......

I have been tagged by Julia

Here is the rules of this tag----
1. Once you are tagged, link back to the person who tagged you.
2. Post THE RULES on your blog.
3. Post 7 weird or random facts about yourself on your blog.
4. Tag 7 people and link to them.
5. Comment on their blog to let them know they have been tagged.

Here goes

1. I like most foods - I'm not at all fussy but I cannot eat an egg cooked by somebody else. Don't know why. If I eat out and one manages to find it's way onto my plate I smuggle it inside a napkin and find a bin on the way out.

2. I tend not to sit with my 2 legs on the floor. Subconsciously I tuck my right ankle under my left knee. It drives DH Jason mad. I think it is a family thing because recently I was sat with my Mum and sister and noticed we were all sitting exactly the same way - lol !

3. I have a saying or idiom for every occasion - you know such as - locking the stable door after the horse has bolted, where there's a will there's a way, better 5 minutes late in this world than 5 minutes early in the next and so on. Honestly I have one for every situation. Jason is convinced I make them up as he has never heard of most of them but it's just because he's led a sheltered life- lol. I keep saying I will write a book of them and make my fortune. My kids say no-one would buy it anyway - how mean !!

4. On the language thing I HATE bad spelling and bad grammar - I mean REALLY hate it....I have been known to go into shops and tell them they have mis-spelled their signs and so on. If Jess sends me a text message I cringe at the way everything's shortened and letters are substituted. She laughs at my texts as I just cannot bring myself to do text lingo.... I get a real bee in my bonnet over it - see - LOL !!

5. In my late teens I went through a horrible period when I couldn't stop blushing. Don't know what triggered it but it made my life hell for a time. It was a real problem. I mean my face and neck would go tomato red and stay that way for the slightest reason. At the time I was working in a busy office and it was embarrassing to say the least. I read somewhere that a tip was to apply a green tinted cream to your cheeks and wear a pale foundation over it. So that's what I did - religiously day after day. I spent a fortune on the stuff. I have got photos and honestly I looked dreadful - with my black hair and white face I looked like the bride of Dracula - lol !! Eventually I stopped blushing and now I can't remember the last time I did. Strange ??

6. My marriage is based on a lie !!!!! Intrigued ?? When Jason and I met it was in a local nightclub. We got chatting and he asked me to dance. I tell him I only said yes because I was a bit tipsy - lol !! Anyway I was 20 at the time and told him that when he asked. I then asked him and he said he was 20 too. I did not find out for several months that he was actually just 17. He had not told the truth because he thought I would think he was too young for me.... One of his friends told me to cause trouble as I found out later he wanted to go out with me himself. Jason ditched his friend and we have been together ever since - awww !! Nearly 20 years now !

7. I am a nail biter !! I have tried and tried to get rid of this horrible habit but just cannot do it ! I have given up smoking, stopped eating chocolate ( just the occasional treat ), overcome my fear of heights to some extent but the nail nibbling cure eludes me. I have tried painting my nails with foul tasting stuff. False nails. Nail hardener - you name it.... It is not a nervous thing with me - I just do not know I'm doing it most of the time. Now and again I have grown them for a while and been really proud of them. Then suddenly- pouf - all gone and I never even knew I did it.

You know what - this was surprisingly easy to do. I must be weirder than I thought - lol !

Please don't feel obliged to do this but I will tag Anne, Kathy, Teresa, Gudrun, Jenni, Kate and Toni. I would love to know if anyone has the same weird habits as me....

Next post I will show pictures of the stitchery I've been trying.

8 comments:

Kate North said...

So, given your dislike of bad grammar and spelling mistakes, would you like me to point out that you've spelled embarrassing wrong? I'm sure it was a typo! :) I don't think I've done this meme before, so I'll give it a go - but not tonight.

Lisa Boyer said...

That was interesting! Funny, I can't eat an egg that I make. I can eat one my husband makes me, but he's the only egg-maker I can tolerate. Restaurant eggs--no way. Can't even look at them.

I love these lists. It's funny to see how quirky real people can be. Thanks for sharing! Loved it.

Andrea said...

Sorry Kate - couldn't believe I got that wrong - it was late at night. Had to correct it - practise what you preach - lol !!

Jenni said...

I'm thinking about it! The weird things don't feel that weird when you live alone.

*karendianne. said...

You have some NEAT things to share here. Loved reading it.

Floss said...

Thanks for sharing, I wish I hated bad grammar and spelling, but as I struggle with these I won't. I am also a nail bitter and yes it was easier to quite smoking than to stop biting my nails, if I ever manage too I let you know the trick.

Tracey @ozcountryquiltingmum said...

I am exactly the same about the texting and the grammar in shop signs!!
I just did this as well, funny when you think of your quirks!
Very impressed with the tidy workspace! Tracey

Quilting Pirate said...

I'll play...I'm trying to catch up on my blogs...seems like everyone was busy posting!! :D